Saturday, May 23, 2015

New Supplies, completed challenge, marriage

I completed my challenge for Art Journal Journey. I am still trying to figure out a few things regarding how to get my photos posted to this site. For now I am still scanning my sork and posting it.

"Just Keep Swimming"
Products used:
Canson XL Mix media paper 5.5x8.5
Calendar image
Art Deco Nail Polish: red, yellow, gold glitter, white, blu/purple glitter
Acrylic Paint
Sakura GellyRoll white
Seed beads, shells, sequins, stickers

I got some new things I ordered earlier this week yesterday and was very happy with them. I ordered a Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad (Victorian Velvet). I just got the one so I can see how they work. I also got a 3-pack of the Sakura white GellyRoll pens, some washi tape masking stickers, and some black Artist's tiles to use with my Zentangle. I used one for this week's Diva Challenge. You can view it here White on Black .

My daughter got married yesterday. It was very nice and a little bit emotional (yes, I cried). I gave her and her husband a pocket letter. I need to complete it with some wedding photos and also scan it (I forgot to do that). Once I have it completed I will post it (probably on instagram).

8 comments:

  1. I do like your swooping and whirling sea, the little fish is wondering just how he can swim through it easily, maybe he'll take your advice.
    I enjoyed reading about your new art purchases, it's always fun to get new colours and paints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sea world, great colours, thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey.Weddings are always emotional! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab seaworld ! Welcome to Art Journal Journey! Great to have you with us!
    Have fun with the new supplies!
    Congrats to your daughter!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely sea creation and the words are just righ too = good advice!
    Congrats on your daughter's wedding (I cry at Hallmark commercials :-))
    Enjoy your new art supplies.

    ReplyDelete