Tuesday, March 10, 2015

New blog update

Hello, I am still working on getting this blog likeable and user friendly for me and all of you. I have added some sites I like to visit that either give me visual delight, inspiration or both.
I know I will probably be putting updates over here about my journal making. I also want to put my experiments in mixed media and any other art endeavors I do. There may be times when I don't post anything here, but I will try to post on at least one of my blogs everyday.

I am currently doing some "reading" of different books about journaling, collaging, creating journals, etc.; when I say reading it is more flipping through the books looking at pictures and a little bit of actual reading. One of the books I am reading is "Art at the Speed of Life" by pam carriker. I am following some of her ideas for doing an art journal so I am making a mini journal (page wise). I have made 5 1 folio signatures and bound them into the cover with a pamphlet stitch. I am currently in the process of putting gesso on all the surfaces. While working on this I am also gessoing a preprinted canvas that I bought at the thrift store. I didn't take a picture of it before I put the gesso on but if I hold it up to the light you can still see the image.


This is with two coats of gesso, This is how it looks on my table:


I plan to collage over this and some other things, but I may keep parts of the images by tracing over them. This will probably be a long process for me.

While in the process of applying the gesso, I decided to go back to the first pages and add some swipes of paint. When I went to squeeze my paint out a big portion ran out. Not to waste the paint, I ended up adding in to several pages and on my canvas.



  The last page picture shows the paint added with a dry baby wipe.



Well I'm off to work on my art some more and figure out how to correct the formatting on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment