Monday, March 16, 2015

Tag

I have been playing around with some mixed media techniques and making different stuff. I created this tag and finished it this morning.


I gessoed a bus transfer and layered tissue, part of a napkin, acrylic paint and matte medium on it. I drew some spirals and applied water to them then covered them with tissue paper. One of them looked like an eye to me, so I colored it with an Inktense pencil (Iris Blue). I then added the apple from a paper towel I had and colored it with a red watercolor wash. I matted the whole thing on brown textured cardstock. I wrote "You are the apple of my" with a black ultra fine point Sharpie. I added my signature orb and a piece of olive green embroidery floss. I really liked the way this looked when I finished it.




I received some happy mail from a lady I follow on YouTube the other day. I used part of the napkin she sent and will be using some of the cut file cups later.










The last picture is a photo of some tags I have been working on. The one with the five on it is the back of the apple tag. Since I didn't want something on the front and the back of the tag, I matted the apple tag on the cardstock.







No comments:

Post a Comment