Saturday, March 21, 2015

Thank you book

I used some of the items I received in my happy mail to make a little booklet. I made a thank you tag and will be sending these to the lady that sent me the happy mail.

I used eyeshadow to color the background and the coffee cup cut out. I then put a coat of matt medium over both and adhered the cup to the background with the Tombow glue. I cut the words from a card I got while out and about and adhered them using the Aleene's glue.



I applied several different colors of paint for a background to this layout. I added some stickers and an image I got from a magazine. I added a drawing I had done while playing around one day and added the message with the Micron pen.



I applied paint to the background, added an image from a calendar and used the napkin that came in my happy mail to add the birds. I adhered a thin leather strip on the calendar image so the birds could have a perch. The birds made me think of spring, hence the title.



The book has five signatures and measures 3.5x3.25 (in). I used dental floss to bind the booklet with a three hole pamphlet stitch. I left some blank spaces in the book in case she want to do some "mini art".

I created a "thank you" tag to be included with the book. I painted the paper with yellow, and added some swipes with eyeshadow. I then stamped the image and colored the lips with the intense pencil. I used some leftover edges from my spiral bound mix media book and stenciled the squares along the edge. I embellished this with gold metallic, white gelly roll and micron pens. I used the brown pencil to add emphasis to part of the image. I added stickers for the sentiment.

I used a variety of materials in making these. Listed below are some of the supplies I used:
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Tombow Mono Liquid Glue
Dailer-Rowney Simply Acrylic Matt Medium
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint: colors English Ivy Green (20756), Bimini Blue (21482)
Folk Art: Yellow Light (918), Metallic Inca Gold (676)
Pens:Sakura Micron 01 Black, 08 white gelly roll pen and Inc. metallic gold
Pencils:Derwent Inktense Chili Red (0500) and Sicilian Yellow (0220), Prismacolor Premier Sedona Brown (P945), Powder Blue (PC 1087) and Lilac (PC956)
Profusion Go Glow Eyeshadow 
Canson XL Mix Media 98lb paper
Stamp: Stampabilities "That Look"
various collage ephemra, waxed dental floss, stickers


2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! And what a manageable size too. I was watching some Teesha Moore videos on you tube last night and she was making an art journal. Now that I see this I think I know what I'm going to play with this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, would love to see your finished project.

      Delete