Thursday, March 19, 2015

small journals

Yesterday I made some small journals while watching my nephews. I plan to use these to see how different supplies and techniques work.

I used the covers from a pad of stencil letters I had to make two of them. I filled them with coloring book pages and writing paper.






I made the other three from some flyers I got while at the library. They are pretty good weight cardstock and are already folded. I put writing paper and some magazine pages I had previously painted into them.






I plan to make notes about the different techniques I do on the writing paper and use the other pages to try things on. I may also try so,e things on the writing paper. I am thinking about using one of them to keep track of the supplies I currently have (i.e. draw swatches with my colored pencils and list what they are regarding brand).




2 comments:

  1. That's a good idea to keep track of supplies! I'm feeling crushed by mine right now and most is just paper ephemera that I don't want to part with and can't figure out how to corral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Make a storage journal, or use a 3 ring binder with page protectors.

      Delete