Thursday, March 12, 2015

New supplies

I purchased some stencils, a crop-a-dile power punch and some chalk pastels.
I picked them up yesterday and spent most of the evening playing with my power punch. I was trying to see if it really would punch a hole in a CD; it did. Now I need to work on punching in a straight line vertically. I worked on a few aspects of my little mixed media book yesterday, basically adding lettering and playing with my Inktense pencils and different pens. The first couple of pages show what happened when I experimented with adding matt medium and/or water to the page with writing done with a Pilot G-2 pen. On the third page I used a Pigma Micron pen. On the fourth page I did the lettering and put the Inktense pencil on one word and then applied water. I liked the way the water activated the pencil and the pen and how they blended and bled into each other. The last page shows where I used an Inktense pencil and Derwent Coloursoft pencil.





I worked on rearranging some furniture today and putting my supplies in more accessible spots. This is like the fourth or fifth time I have done this, hopefully this arrangement will work out better.

I got to hear my grandbaby's heartbeat yesterday, a very emotional moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment